- For Employers
- For Candidates
- About Us
- Apply Online
Honestly, Human Resource professionals are getting really tired of applicants not knowing a darn thing about the company where they are applying for a job.
“So, what do you know about our company, ABC Manufacturing?” Answer: “Well…you make stuff, don’t you?”
Interview. IS. OVER. It may go on for a while, but your chances of getting hired are the same as the Browns winning the Super Bowl in 2020. We can hope, but don’t bet on it.
It shows that you made NO EFFORT to do any homework, or even to get curious with the front-desk person. If you came from a temp service, it proves you came from the wrong one… and that your recruiter doesn’t care about you or the client. The Recruiter has made you out to be a fool. He or She wasted your time.
Hell, you can get basic information from that thing in your hand; a cell phone. Just Google the company name, go to their website and read up on it. 10 minutes and you are done.
Here are the basics you should know:
1) The actual full name of the company.
2) What they make.
3) History of the company (“About us” on their website).
4) How they make or service their stuff. Most have pictures or videos.
5) Jobs that are open and what the company looks for.
6) Why the company thinks they are good. They say so on the website so customers will buy from them.
7) Important people in the company. Good to recognize these folks in case you talk to them.
Okay, so there it is. The basics. Remember what you read and when the HR dude asks: “So, what do you know about our company?”…and you reply with a 1 minute summary of what you know…you just went to the head of the class.
And, if you really want to make an impression, and get hired, contact a Champion office near you. We know our hiring clients a lot better than the 1-7 above. We’ll give you a HUGE edge.
Ask us how by filling out the form below: